Today’s blog post is a little out of the ordinary but we think it is a very informational read, especially in today’s mining market with all the layoffs and plant closings.
On Forbes.com, an article was posted yesterday listing ten ways that you can tell you’re in the right job. The ten ways are listed below for your perusing.
1. Your manager is someone you respect and can be honest with.
2. Your manager and other people at work tell you that they appreciate you and they value your contributions.
3. You feel trusted by your teammates and you trust them also.
4. You are fairly paid for the work you do and have the other employee benefits that typically go along with your position.
5. Your work is interesting and challenging. Your job grows your flame and keeps you learning new things.
6. You can be honest about things that need attention, whether they are technical, operational, philosophical or interpersonal. Topics that need to be addressed get airtime and do not get swept under the rug.
7. In your workplace, the energy on the team is an important topic and one that people talk about as much as they talk about production quotas and schedules. The organizational culture is a high priority to the leaders of the company.
8. You feel like yourself at work. You can laugh with, brainstorm with and collaborate with your teammates.
9. You believe in the mission of the organization, which aligns with your own mission.
10. Your working environment is safe and healthy and supports you and your teammates.
We value our employees and all the strengths they bring to our operation here in central Missouri. Our mechanics are very capable and our office staff always brings their ‘A’ game. Together, we are able to offer cost savings in addition to high quality, low houred